Where there is love, there is a quarrel. No house is complete without its share of disagreements. Troubles arise when these disagreements are more frequent and get ugly with or without getting physical. The result is domestic violence lawsuits. These lawsuits end careers and tear families apart.
Domestic violence at Denver and its legal connotations:
Colorado legal setup does not have a written jurisdiction in case of domestic violence. But you can be booked on the threat of violence against your partner. People who have ‘intimate relationship’ in the eyes of law constitute of both married and unmarried couples with or without children. Even if you are separated, you can still be taken in by cops on accounts of violence.
Reputed firms such as Weeden Law go to all possible limits to acquit or reduce charges on accused. The term ‘violence,’ as per them covers a broad spectrum of situations such as:
- Physical violence
- Threats of physical violence
- Mental harassment that includes attempts to intimidate, punish, get revenge on family members and many more such situations
Weeden legal has garnered a lot of success and experience solving typical domestic violence crimes like:
- Mischief accountable as a crime
- Fraudulent incarceration
- Sexual abuse
- Physical abuse and other such cases
Legal turn points in a typical case of domestic violence:
Make no mistake! A domestic violence lawsuit will turn your life upside down. It will cost you more than your neighbor’s respect in the following ways:
- Imprisonment of up to 24 years and high financial penalty
- House arrest by the police
- Losing out your right to carry firearms
- Legal seclusion from partner and family
- Repeated domestic violence evaluation
These are the obvious outcomes. The inability to secure a loan, a decent job or other facilities in society will definitely act as a slow poison. So if you or your loved one is accused of a wrongful case of domestic violence, don’t just sit on it. Fight back aggressively with Weeden firm and retain your or your loved ones’ honor and humility!